Monday, August 6, 2018

Grandsons Sailing round Northern Adria

My two youngest grandsons Laurenz (3 years) and Valentin (9 month) with their parents Sophie and Christian, and their uncle Roland arrived in Marina Stella on Saturday 21st July. After two days of leisure in the beautiful and quiet marina and the spacious swimming pool we left for Croatia with a nice north westerly wind on Monday 23rd. We declared entry in Novigrad and dropped anchor in quiet Uvala Busuja for two relaxing days and nights.

Again with steady north westerly winds we sailed south to Pula, where we moored in the ACI Marina, had an early dinner with Pljeskavica sa sirom at Jupiter and explored the busy city at night. Early next morning we bought fish and vegetables at the picturesque Pula market and continued with light rain into the Medulin archpelago, where we anchored in Uvala Bijeca with pasta di verdura on board.

After a visit to the beach we crossed Kvarner Gulf and reached Susak harbor, where we found a mooring place on the outside mole. We - and in particular our youngsters - enjoyed three leisurely days at the shallow sandy beach playing, swimming, and walking. In the evening we relished dinner at Sansegus.

At noon of Monday, July 30th we motored to the south of Otok Losinj and anchored in crystal clear Uvala Tomozina for another comfortable swim and a good pasta meal. Next morning we crossed Kvarner Gulf back north tacking in a nice northerly wind and dropped anchor in Uvala Paltana for some swim and a lot of pancakes.

With no wind we motored further south alongside Pula and through Fazansky Kanal east of Brijuni and dropped anchor in turquoise Uvala Pulari south of Rovinj.

After a rather windy swim we left Uvala Pulari, passed north of Otocic Sveti Andrija rounded Otok Sveta Katarina with a nice view of Rovinj, took a swim in Uvala Sesula and finally moored in Marina Porec. We had a good Croatian dinner at Konoba Aba and strolled around in the old city. Next morning we bunkered some food, refueld some diesel, and declared exit. With fine east-north-easterly winds we sailed north until Grado, where we moored in the city harbor early afternoon. We strolled around the city, visited the sandy beach and enjoyed dinner at Osteria in Contrada.

We left Grado at noon on Saturday, August 4th, crossed the Bay south of Porto Buso and entered Laguna di Marano again east of Punta Faro, Lignano. Two hours before high tide we passed Canale Cialisia with a minimum depth of 1.4m and finally moored in Marina Stella early afternoon. We finalized our infant-cruise with a healthy dinner at Al Cacciatore .

We sailed 51h and logged 233sm in 13 days. You may download our track in gpx-format or view it directly on GoogleMaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment